2015 18.5 Kingfisher with a Yamaha 90hp outboard motor
• 2 halibut poles
• 2 salmon poles
• Garmin echo MAPnavigation fish finder
• Two-way marine radio
• Fish tackle
• Two fish coolers
2005 25′ North River Seahawk, the “Smokey”, has a 2014 Mercury 300hp and a Yamaha 9.9hp trolling kicker motor for guided only
• State of the art electronics and safety equipment
• Lowrance HDS-Gen 2 touch combo
• 12 plotter/radar/depthsounder
• 2 Standard/Horizon “quest” VHF radios.
• Heated and enclosed cabin for the ride to and from the fishing grounds.
• Large deck that provides plenty of room for fighting multiple fish.
• Sirius satellite radio, providing over 80 channels of listening pleasure.
• 4 Salmon poles
• 4 halibut poles
In order for Wadleigh Island Expeditions to provide the best Alaska Fishing Expedition experience, we use the best equipment available for our guests so they have the greatest chance to boat every fish that strikes. We have used many different brands over 20 years of fishing and have found that the best rod builder for salmon and halibut fishing to be Lamiglas. As for reels, we use the Shimano for halibut and for salmon we use the Okama.